The Finesse Collection is committed to reducing its impact on the environment by continuously improving the environmental performance of its operations.
Excess carbon emissions, wasted energy and ozone depletion are all having a devastating effect on the earth and as a company we feel that it is our duty to fully commit to the application of positive environmental practices within our workplace.
We will endeavour to ensure all employees are committed to maintaining decisions in the best interests of our environmental performance in delivering our core values, high standards or operation and sourcing sustainable and local produce at all possible times.
We are fortunate to be located in the Heart of the East Midlands, an award winning area rich in local produce and supply. As a privately owned company and passionate about what we offer in food and drink, we aim to support local companies in raw ingredients in all areas of the operations.
We do not believe in large scale procurement based on price only as we believe in quality, sustainability and supporting the local economy. Over 90% of supply are based in a 50 mile radius of our operations with traceability available for all raw ingredients combined with full cooperation to all our regulatory obligations.
Should any reference be required from any of our key supplier list, we would be only too delighted to provide detail on request. Our commitment to reduce our carbon footprint is also at the forefront of our policy and trained to all employees, practical examples which are daily maintained are as follows:
- Paper, glass, plastic and other waste recycling
- Using stationery from sustainable sources
- Reduced energy consumption by LED lighting, PIRs within public areas, reduction of heating and hot water production - Promoting an employee cycle to work scheme
- Encouraging towel recycling for long stay guests - Encouraging shower vs bath usage for long stay guests - Priority of email and internet usage for documents and other information distribution
- Use of our own herbs grown on site at the hotels
- Use of local organic supply in all available circumstances as per our procurement policy above
- Recycle kitchen wastage when possible
- Use of sustainable fuels within operations The above list is not exhaustive and we are constantly monitoring our commitment to protect the environment and promote sustainability within all we do.
With kind regards,
Signed by James Blick